Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Chennai invites “Expression of Interest (EoI)” from competent industrial partners for commercialization of the following products through transfer of technology on a non exclusive basis
- Indoor Positioning System through Visible Light Communication
- Visible Light Communication enabled Smart Indoor Lighting System
2. Brief about C-DAC
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is an autonomous scientific society of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. It is primarily an R&D institution engaged in the design, development and deployment of electronics and advanced Information Technology (IT) products and solutions.
Established in 2002, Chennai Centre of C-DAC focuses on three major areas: Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), Ubiquitous Computing and Upskiling / Reskilling. C-DAC Chennai is the National Resource Centre for Free and Open Source Software (NRCFOSS) that is setup with the twin roles of bridging the digital divide as well as strengthening the Indian Software industry.
C-DAC Chennai has built expertise in the latest technologies of Secured Indigenous Operating System, Block chain, Next Generation Cyber security solutions, Micro services-based Software as service solutions, secure online exam system, Video Analytics, AI & Machine Learning based solutions, Wireless Sensor Networks, IoT (Internet of Things), Visible Light Communication and 5G-SDN (Software Defined Network) Technologies.
3. Brief description about the technology to be transferred
C-DAC, Chennai developed Visible Light Communication based LED Lighting Solution as part of a Research and Development project funded by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. Technologies developed under this project are currently available for transfer to industries. C-DAC, Chennai would like to invite competent industrial partners for commercialization of following products through transfer of technology.
- Indoor Positioning System through Visible Light Communication. [(Product Code: VLC-CHN-01)]. Refer Annexure II - 10.1 for details.
- Visible Light Communication enabled Smart Indoor Lighting System. [(Product Code: VLC-CHN-02)]. Refer Annexure II - 10.2 for details.
4. Technology Transfer
The technology will be transferred on non-exclusive basis. The technology fee will be finalized at a later stage. The ToT package contains the following:
- Production documents (Gerber files, Bill of Materials, Design files - Mechanical)
- Source code of software
- Handholding support for a period of 6 months. If required, handholding period may be extended based on the requirements from ToT partner
5. General Terms and conditions
- An expert committee will scrutinize the applications for follow-up action.
- The applicants may be called for a presentation regarding their strengths and business proposals.
- All incidental expenditure incurred in preparation/ submission or presentation of the EoI shall be borne by the participating agency.
- Participation in this EoI does not guarantee any association with C-DAC unless notified by C-DAC in writing.
- C-DAC reserves the right of rejecting any offer without assigning reasons.
- Last date for submission of EoI is 31st July 2023. Any offer received after due date and time will not be accepted.
- There is neither a business guarantee nor any commitment for funding support from C-DAC to the appointed/ empanelled agencies.
- A Committee of experts constituted by C-DAC will assess capabilities and strengths of the industry before finalizing the technology partners.
- The industry willing to take technology for commercial exploitation will be required to enter into a ToT agreement with C-DAC as per the terms and conditions approved by the competent authority in C-DAC / MeitY in the prescribed format.
6. Who can Apply
Companies willing to take transfer of technology of products listed under section 3 can apply.
7. How to Apply
Interested companies may send expression of interest with the details as per Annexure-I (Part A and Part B) along with supporting documents to:
The Senior Director,
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC),
Tidel Park, 8th Floor, 'D' Block (North & South),
No.4 Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Taramani,
Chennai- 600113, Tamil Nadu (India)
Note: Superscribe the envelope as “Expression of Interest for ToT of Visible Light Communication based LED Lighting Solution”
8. Expression of Interest
- C-DAC invites “Expression of Interest” in the format given in Annexure-I (Part A & Part B). The industries will be shortlisted based on the information furnished in Annexure-I and assessment by the ToT committee.
- The submission of the EoI shall include all such documents that are specified herein to prove the authenticity of their offer and any claim made therein. The burden of proving such claims shall lie with the bidder.
- All cost and expenses associated with submission of EoI shall be borne by the bidder while submitting the EoI and C-DAC shall have no liability, in any manner in this regard, or if it decides to terminate the process of short listing for any reason whatsoever.