Mobile Seva offers a unique platform which provides multiple mobile based channels (e.g. SMS, USSD, IVRS, m-Apps) for delivery of public services over mobile devices. Citizen can access SMS, USSD and IVRS based services through very basic phones. Departments integrating with any one channel can effortlessly integrate with all the other operational channels as well. Mobile Seva offers SAAS and the services based model enables departments in accessing Mobile Seva services just by registering on Mobile Seva services portal. The Mobile Seva is being developed around open standards, offers highly interoperable services which enables various government department to integrate with Mobile Seva platform seamlessly.
The integration process is very easy and the departments need to register themselves on Mobile Seva portal and once verification is done, the departments can start using Mobile Seva services. A department integrated with one channel can offer the same services on other mobile channels without making any extra effort.
Services offered & Potential users :
SMS Gateway Service: The SMS Gateway Service acts as a common service to eGov exchange and is used to deliver SMS based services to all citizens. SMS Gateway supports both push and pull based services.Users:
Departments: Departments can use SMS Portal or API to push SMS to its users / citizens.
Citizens: Citizens can also request for specific information through pull based SMS services. Short code 51969 has been reserved by Government of India for the e-Governance services and this code is already integrated with all the telecom operators of the country.
USSD based services: Unstructured Supplementary Services Data (USSD) is a session based service unlike SMS which is a store and forward service. USSD can be used by the user to send request / command to an application in text format.Users:
Departments: Departments can use USSD services to send flash messages to its users / citizens.
Citizens: Citizens can also request / apply for specific information / service through USSD services.
IVRS based services: interactive Voice Response Systems (IVRS) are the most common way for phone to communicate with a computer through the tones generated by each key on the phone keypad. These are known as dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) signals.
In the context of mobile governance, the IVRS application is intended to serve the C2G and G2C wings of the e-governance model. Lots of government services (Passport, Ration card, etc.) draw a lot of enquiries from the citizens. These enquiries are nothing but an overhead for the government and such processes, if automated through the use of IVRS, can reduce the undue overheads.Users:
Departments: Departments can integrate with our IVRS to offer their services through IVRS.
Citizens: Citizens can also request for specific information through our IVRS services. Citizens can avail this service by calling our IVRS number 022-26209367.
Mobile Applications: Web application development, mobile application development based on the department / agencies requirements
Awards and Achievements:
- The Framework for Mobile Governance notified in The Gazette of India, February 2012..
- Election Commission of India has launched Electoral Roll Search at National level through short code 166/51969/9223166166.
- Mobile Application for Supreme Court of India launched by Hon'ble Chief Justice of India.
- Mobile Seva has won one of the prestigious United Nations Public Service Award 2014 under the Category 3 "Promoting Whole of Government Approaches in the Information Age".
- Mobile Seva has been recognized by the Grand Jury of The mBillionth Award Asia as an Award WinnerÂ for the year 2013.
- Mobile Seva has won CAPAM International Innovation Awards in year 2014.
- Mobile Seva has won The SKOCH Award in year 2015.
- Mobile Seva has won CSI-Nihilent e-Governance Awards in year 2016.
- Mobile Seva has won The Global mobileGov Awards in year 2017..
- Mobile Seva has won The Gems of Digital India Award in year 2017.
- Website : mgov.gov.in
- Email: msdp[at]cdac[dot]in