C-DAC created an integrated platform under mobile governance for offering services over mobile-based channels to the citizens, the MeitY has, in October 2018, sanctioned the MSDG phase III project so that other new services can be added to the platform and offered to citizens of India.
Main uses and domain
Features of Mobile Seva Ph III:
- Mobile Application Testing Framework: It will provide an interface to facilitate the testing of applications developed on Android. One should upload Executable files of the mobile application and see the security audit reports.
- Geo-Fencing: Government departments will promote their services and reach out to a significant portion of the population in an effective manner. Any new service enabled on the platform will need to be notified/popularized via social media platforms.
- Smart App Notification: Government departments will push notifications through the services portal and messages will display on apps that are installed on a device based on the preference area or services domain.
- Complaint Management System: This app allows a citizen to log their complaints with an image of the problem area. Also, citizens can track the status of their complaints. This way department can directly manage the complaints they receive via app..
- Feedback Poll management App: This system directly connects government departments to the citizen for collecting feedback for their various services, activities, and programs. This app allows the department to create a poll and share it with citizens. After citizens' locked response department can analyze their results in the app.
- Secure Chat App: This application will be encrypting the information flow between the communicating parties/departments, and thus provides end-to-end security between the communicating parties.