e-Upkaran Equipment Maintenance & Management System (EMMS)
The MoHFW, Government of India, has observed during various assessments that at any point of time, 13%-34% of the equipment has been lying dysfunctional across the public health facilities in the country. Fully functional Medical Devices are crucial for efficient and sustainable Health Care System as they aid in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness and diseases.
Keeping equipment functional with minimal 'down-time' has been a challenge especially in remote locations. However, appropriate utilization of technologies including automated software solution and maintenance protocols can maximize the service life of medical equipment and thereby providing affordable healthcare solution to the public/ users.
To assist this objective e-Upkaran a web based Equipment Maintenance & Management System (EMMS) has been developed by CDAC.
It is currently implemented for monitoring and management of Medical Equipment in few states like Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, J&K, Bihar, Telangana, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat etc. The same is in process of implementation in Nagaland, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.
It include functionalities and processes as follows:
- Need Assessment
- Budgeting & Financing
- Installation & Inspection
- Inventory Management
- Billing & Payments
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Complaints Management
- Condemnation, Auctioning & Disposal
- Minimizing the equipment downtime thereby increasing the effective healthcare to the patients. EMMS Application provide automated request for periodic/ preventive maintenance to 3rd party vendors with maintenance contract.
- Purchase planning - Need Assessment based on the available inventory, expected caseload and required quantity of the equipment in a health facility.
- Complete tracking after issuing purchase/ supply order to the supplier till the receipt/ installation and inspection of the equipment. Option to update site readiness by the health facility for ease of suppliers. The supply chain management has increased the capacity with minimizing the manual intervention.
- Performance monitoring of the Suppliers. Automated penalty/ LD based on preconfigured rules and logic as per the requirement of state.
- Inventory Management will provide one click equipment information to various stakeholders of the application. User can enter, verify, track all inventory at various health facilities based on roles and privilege. e-Upkaran Inventory Management also track for warranty and maintenance contract with third party vendors, pending complaint status, condemnation details of equipment.
- Customizable for different hierarchy of health institutes in a state
- Generation of QR code/ bar codes for efficient Inventory management
- GIS mapping (latitude, longitude) for inventory tracking
- Online/ Offline Payments to the suppliers/ vendors
- Equipment Transfer management
- Dynamic Dashboards and Reporting- Available of Right Information at right time enhances decision making
- Integrated Mobile Application
- Instant notification/ alerts (SMS and E-Mail alert) at the trigger of an associated event. For eg. Approved Supply Order Notification to Suppliers, Breakdown Complaint to Vendor, Resolved Complaint to Doctor/ Department Incharge
- Integrated with Call Center / IVRS (Interactive Voice Recorded System) based systems for equipment maintenance activities
- Web Based Application developed using Open Source Technologies
- Based on n-tier Architecture using Java-J2EE Technologies
- Responsive User Interfaces
- Availability of Restful Web Services for third party integration
- Based on RDBMS for easy retrieval and better performance
- Use of SHA-512 for secured login
- Portable across a variety of platforms
- Flexible deployment methodologies
Platform Required (if any)
J2EE Platform, Wildfly Application Server
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information