MIZO TEXT READING SYSTEM
Mizo Text Reading System is a Text to Speech System integrated with Mizo Optical Chracter Recognizer (OCR). The developed system is able to meet the real-life requirements of visually impaired persons with a given level of accuracy. It is a good example of software that promotes self-reliance, improves productivity and changes lives of blind, visually impaired, illiterate men and women.
- Screen Reader
- Assistive technology for both blind and dyslexic student
- Health informatics
- Speech to speech translation system
- Weather forecasting
- Low memory requirement.
- Easy to integrate with other applications.
- The system is capable of handling both Unicode and ASCII
- Easy to be integrated with handheld devices
- Can take both text files and scanned images of text in bmp and jpeg format as input
- The output of the OCR can be corrected manually.
Platform Required (if any)
- Windows OS.
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
Advance Signal Processing Group, Speech Processing Section
Mr. Joyanta Basu
Phone No.: 033-2357-9846, Ext: 329 & 255