C-DAC's Medical informatics SDK for CCD
C-DAC’s Medical Informatics Standards Software Development Kit for Continuity of Care Document (CCD) Release 1 is a FOSS toolkit to enable integration of HL7/ASTM’s Continuity of Care Document (CCD) standard in healthcare applications.
CCD is an XML-based standard that provides a "snapshot in time" constraining a summary of the patient’s clinical, demographic, and administrative data. The effective use of SDK ensures a move towards standardized communication methods for patient summary record exchange, bringing interoperability between healthcare systems.
SDK enables quick and easy integration of CCD standard. Software developers can make their healthcare applications standard-compliant without having to go through complex specifications quickly and remain confident that their implementation is compliant with global standards.
The Continuity of Care Document (CCD) is a joint effort of HL7 International and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) to exchange electronic documents for sharing the most relevant and timely patient health information among care givers for continuity of care.
Includes refined classes for Templates, Data Types, Enums, and Narrative Blocks as mentioned in HL7/ASTM Implementation Guide for CDA R2 -Continuity of Care Document (CCD) Release 1.
• Templates: Contains a library of CDA Release 2 templates and each template may have further supporting templates as required. The template describes a set of XML attributes and elements that may be used to represent the semantics of the data type described in the Data Types Abstract Specification.
• Data Types: Contain all HL7 RIM defined data types that define the kind of data that can be included in a field.
• Enums: Contains the Enumerated vocabulary of CDA Release 2 required for the CCD Document.
• Narrative Block: Supports and creates free text block for human readability in CCD.
Includes APIs to read, write, and validate CCD. Comprises model classes representing different sections in CCD.
• Model Classes: Represents different sections and Patient demographics data.
• CCD Reader: To read already existing CCD XML documents.
• CCD Writer: To generate XML based Continuity of Care Document.
• CCD Validator: Validates CCD XML against XSD provided by HL7 International.
• Enable integration of HL7/ASTM’s Continuity of Care Document (CCD) standard in healthcare applications
• Exchanging of CCD in the patient-transferred scenario
• Preservation of specific information that is important for the continued care of the patient
• Create XML based Continuity of Care Document
• Read XML based Continuity of Care Document
• Validate XML based Continuity of Care Document against XSD Schema provided by HL7 International
• Object-oriented implementation of HL7/ASTM CCD Release 1 Implementation Guide
• Free & Open Source Software (FOSS) under Apache Licensev2.0
• Generate XML based human-readable Continuity of Care Document
• Custom style sheet support
• Modular APls for reading, writing, and validating Continuity of Care Document
• Sample source code to demonstrate functionality
• Full API Documentation
Platform Required (if any)
Contact Details for Techno Commercial Information
HPC - Medical and Bioinformatics Applications (HPC-MBA) Group
C-DAC Innovation Park, Panchavati, Pashan, Pune - 411008