C-DAC has developed M-Kavach 2, a comprehensive mobile device security solution that addresses emerging threats related to Android-based mobile devices. The major emphasis is on advising the users against security misconfigurations, detection of hidden/ banned apps and scanning the device for potential malicious apps installed on the user's mobile device.
- Threat Analyzer Threat Analyzer is an attempt to detect malware on Android devices using a machine learning based approach.
- Security Advisor This feature gives the users a holistic security status of the device. It checks the status of various critical parameters of the user's devices such as device root status, Wi-Fi connectivity, USB debugging status, hotspot status etc.
- Detection of Hidden/Banned Apps This feature identifies the existence of any such applications on the user's device and further analyzes these applications to identify any potential threat they pose to the device.
- App Latest Update Statistics This feature notifies you of the apps not updated for longer durations, apps not being used by you for longer durations and apps having sudden spikes in the data and active time usage.
- Adware Scanner This feature scans all the applications installed on the device and notifies the user of the adware installed on the device.