C-DAC has set up the International Cooperation Division (ICD) at its Delhi Centre to promote the product & technologies available across centres to meet the ever-increasing requirements of the IT industry. ICD is actively working with Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) & Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) towards collaborations/co-operations with various countries, by sharing knowledge, expertise and experience in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
Over the years C-DAC has progressively grown to build an eco-system and institutional framework and acquired necessary expertise, strength and technical resources by implementing, supervising and managing large bi-lateral projects in Ghana, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Myanmar, Tanzania, Belarus, Armenia, Lesotho, Seychelles, Syria, Grenada, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Ecuador, Peru, Palestine, Bhutan, Costa Rica, Panama, Commonwealth of Dominica, Egypt, Morocco, Guyana, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Fiji, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Cook Islands, Namibia, Sao Tome & Principe, Jordan, Argentina & Solomon Islands. Till today CDAC has successfully implemented over 50 projects and dozen projects are ongoing in countries such as Africa, East Europe, South-East Asia, Central Asia, Middle East, Arab, Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific Island Countries in close association with Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Electronics & IT. These projects have brought in laurels for C-DAC and propelled Indian expertise in ICT in the International Arena.
The main activities undertaken by ICD is as follows:
- Establishment of state-of-the-art IT infrastructure for training and supply of course material. The IT Centres generally have large Data Centre, Hi-tech computer labs and distance learning labs with video conferencing facility.
- Setting up of High-Performance Computing (HPC) facility to undertake collaborative research & exchange of scientists in this area.
- Establishment of Content Development Centre with an incubation facility for enhancement of software development skills.
- Establishment of Community Information Centre (CIC) at various remote locations within the country and to provide satellite connectivity between the CICs and IT Centre to offer citizen centric services viz. distance education, e-learning & tele-medicine etc.
- Exchange of experts in the field of e-Governance, High Performance Computing, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Professional Electronics, Cyber Forensics and Medical Informatics etc.
- Exchange of experts and training of master trainers/ scientists in India for managing the IT Centre and workshops/ collaborative research for scientists in India/ respective country.
Various engagement models have been curated and implemented in C-DAC for doing joint research with Indian organisations viz. Academia, Research organisations, Private industries including MSME /Start-ups and taking it to the market. Some of them are:
- Collaborative Innovation Model
- Transfer of Technology
- Contract R&D
- Expression of Interest for Channel Partners & Technology Development Partners
- Request for Proposal